As most of you know, I’ve been working over-time on the nitty gritty details of my business. I’ve been commissioned for enough projects, photo sessions and events to keep me busy for a lifetime without ever really having to fuss with becoming “official”… but I’m throwing on the breaks because it’s time. It’s time for a website, business forms, licensing, taxes, a business plan- the works. So, these are some of the items that I’ve been focusing on for the last couple weeks. I’ve put everything aside and buckled down for the sake of my family, my business and myself. This is the hard part for me, so thanks very much to those of you who have been extremely patient (especially Kristina B, Stephanie F, and Monica B!).
Now that I’m surfacing for air- somewhat caught up, I’m rewinding back to a couple weeks ago when mrs Tawnya tagged me with: “list 8 random facts about myself”. Wait, before I do that- I urge everyone to go check out her blog and website for some serious eye candy and inspiration. Okay… hopefully everybody is off visiting her awesome stuff and will forget all about reading my list of randomness hah! While I'm at it, here's a little snippet "about me" from my work-in-progress website (alllmost finished!):
I think the less thought I put into this list, the easier it will be. So here goes…
I’m supposed to post the rules first:
1. Post these rules before you give you the facts.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) someone and list their name (linking to their page.
4. Leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been tagged!
8 random facts about me:
1. I wear flip flops daily (okay, not to church, the gym or weddings… but pretty much everywhere else).
2. I drive a cute, “sporty”, red mini-van named Rocket. I swore I’d never own a mini-van, but what can I say—you really can’t beat the convenience, functionality and safety features of this thing. At least that's what I keep telling myself =).
3. Not only am I a mini-van mama—I actually enjoy listening to children’s music. Might as well go with it, ya know? Unfortunately my kids will one day outgrow it, but I can just see my old grey self keeping those mp3’s handy for when nobody is around. Hard rockin’ baby!
4. Crickets—eeew, they’re really really really really gross. Utterly repulsive. I dislike them more than all other insects combined. Well, except for maybe scorpions and wasps. I’ve *always* had a cricket phobia. [excerpt: The other night I enter our dimly lit kitchen to grab a drink… barefoot, of course… and somehow a large, plump, disgusting, doomed little cricket guy finds his way under my foot. CRUNCH. I will never be the same. I shudder at the slow motion memory, the sound, the gooooooo. I’m still in grossed-out shock.]
5. I don’t go anywhere without my handy dandy squirt bottle filled with ice cold water. It keeps the kids in line.
just kidding. It’s so stinkin’ hot here that I can’t survive without it. A nice refreshing mist of h20 on my face, the kid’s legs, or a scalding hot seatbelt seems to do the trick and makes this city sized furnace a little more bearable.
6. We don’t have cable- in fact we don’t watch programmed tv ever, ever. We purchase and download anything we feel like watching (including The Backyardigans, Dora, Lost, The Office, etc… so we’re not entirely out of the loop). I typically use our tv as a giant computer for watching image slideshows, listening to music, or looking stuff up on google.
7. I love condiments, often times more than the main dish itself
8. Friday night is “date night” at our house. I put the kids down for bed while my husband turns down the lights, puts on some soft music, starts grilling (usually something exquisitely yummy like steak or lemon pepper chicken), and hand mixes lime martinis that make my mouth water. And we just hang out. It’s my reprieve that I look forward to all week long.
Alrighty, easy enough! Thanks for the sweet words and for thinking of me, Tawnya! I’m on my way to tag my brilliant friend and Event Florist extraordinaire, Ivy Weesner (The Garage by Ivy). Have at it girl!
ETA: I just realized that I've also been tagged by Samuel Barr! Woohoo, I'm flattered! I've always been very impressed with his work and his open testimony. When you have the chance, check out his blog and his beautiful story-telling images, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Well, I guess the above list works for both topics... riiight? I hope so because I can't think of anything else at the moment, lol! THANKS Samuel! =)
label: wedding photographer | Phoenix, arizona
author: kimberly bee